Thursday 23 May 2013

Falmouth University Ident: Fisherman



This is my Falmouth Animation Ident. I created it in flash drawing individual frames. My idea was to incorporate a grander feel of Falmouth the place as a whole instead of just the University. It is recognised as a sea side town so clearly fishing would be perfect as this is big business by the sea.

I ran into some trouble because in our brief our animations had to be between 6 and 10 seconds in length. In the end I had to run my animation at 30 frames a second because I reached the 300 frame mark. This meant that the final shot of Falmouth University couldn't linger.

I really enjoyed doing this project and feel that the motion of the fisherman is quite true to life. I used youtube videos of people fishing as reference. Naturally I over exaggerated these movements to make it more interesting for the viewer.

I recorded all the sound effects myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment