Thursday 30 January 2014

Building a Set (Stop Motion)

I have been working with Jack to create a small set for some potential stop motion animation. On my course at Falmouth there isn't a lot of push for students to undergo stop motion but I really wanted give it a go seeing as that is what I thought the course would focus on it.

Here is a wooden set that we built


I made the floorboards out of large size lollypop sticks with the rounded ends cut off. I also made the wonky bookshelf which I varnished.


Here is a relatively finished looking set, complete with hand painted books.



I made the table out of more lollypop sticks. The bird cage out of wire and wood and the candle stick out of split whittled wood, glue and a small oval of wire for the handle.



A picture of me taking a picture of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment